1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Freedom from those fedruhl overreachers. Or those state overreachers in that big city.
    SEC Values.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'm old enough to remember Gibson's, a discount chain in the Midwest that preceded Walmart. Walmart virtually copied Gibson's business model, built their stores bigger and wiped the floor with them.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I remember when I thought Watchmen was just another wack dystopian vision of the future.

[​IMG]

I almost think it's time to strike the word "dystopian" - adj. relating to or denoting an imagined state or society where there is great suffering or injustice. from the dictionary. What do you call it when it is real and it is today?

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Gotta love the US - we finally face a "war" that all we have to do to "win" is sit on our asses at home and do nothing - and we can't even do that.

7. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

There was also Alco/Duckwalls. They managed to last about two decades longer than Gibson's but the last of them were in very small towns that were too small for Walmart. But then Dollar General started putting stores in those towns.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Friday we started cleaning the checkout area after every order. Could be $500 worth of booze or a single Hershey bar,stop and clean.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted