1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Pop quiz: Find the dumb fuck in each photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2muchcoffeeman and Spartan Squad like this.
  2. Slacker

Yeah, sounds great. But then you'll get arrested. :cool:

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The lady with the mullet is my second favorite dipshit behind Ohio's Walking Dead woman at the state building.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The math is fine. But is the base number accurate? Is the infection rate absolutely and unequivocally R~3? Rate for 1918 pandemic is still a wild estimate between 1.4 and 2.8.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Although it's been said, many times, many ways, we're here for you, just like we all rallied after we lost spnited and SF_Express, exmediahack's divorce and Elliotte's gaffe in Rio.

I'm at the screaming point too, a month into this shit. Times I feel more like a traffic cop with all the new procedures at checkout, others like a teacher's or coach with the increase in customers using CalFresh (food stamps) , constant cleaning, ect. Nothing felt more normal than coming home the other night and watching that night's offering of Giants Classics. But the biggest problems are a) no one knows when this shit ends, and 2) we seem to have a president who is actively promoting things that will make this last longer.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. Slacker

If we're getting into percentages, the current U.S. death rate stands at 5.3 percent, which is way more than the 3.4 percent I recall being used as a baseline estimate a month or two ago. And, of course, it's a ginormous leap over the 0.1 death rate used as a reference for the typical influenza strain. ... So all them unmasked "protestors" out there can suck it.

Source: Coronavirus Update (Live): 2,406,836 Cases and 165,056 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Pandemic - Worldometer, USA 40,553 total deaths ÷ 763,832 total cases.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, but they were on their last legs with one foot already in the grave! Real Americans don’t die from this.

SFIND, HanSenSE and tapintoamerica like this.
  9. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

It's also gone up 2.5 points in about three weeks, which seems amazing. I know a lot of people want to argue that it isn't that bad because there are surely way more cases. That is likely true, although there are probably a significant amount of more deaths too. But it is still way deadlier than the flu no matter how you shake it.

Slacker likes this.
  10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Those are just amazing photos. Can anyone answer why in the world these people are yelling at health care workers? I mean, can't they at least have sympathy there? That might be a stupid question!

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

+14 twitter cool points

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted