1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I guess you believe prisoners are 3/5th a citizen too.
    And I suppose you believe they guard themselves, or maybe their guards sleep on site like so many health care workers do in NYC, in order to avoid infecting “civilians.”

Fred siegle likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I happen to think it's worth mentioning that the outbreak happened in a specific confined area. And anybody tweeting it --- or sharing it on a message board --- should also think that's worth mentioning. Simply KNOWING EXACTLY the outbreak occurred in a prison --- a contained area in which ONLY a handful of employees were at risk of taking the virus off the premises (all of whom have been tested, BTW) --- makes it much more manageable than if all anyone knew was that it's in "Goldsboro."

None of that has anything to do with whatever 3/5th nonsense you're getting at. It's just good, honest reporting. The reporter made it sound like she discovered something by flashing a fancy chart. She simply should have linked to my newspaper's story from earlier this week.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/coronavirus/article242109076.html

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

4. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Thanks. Does this mean a higher-than-normal pulse rate is also a symptom, or is it just that you get your pulse rate in addition from a pulse oximeter but it has nothing to do with the virus?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

South Carolina announced school closed the rest of the academic year.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

is it a gag?

is it meant to be ironic?

is it leftist ratfucking?

while I understand these gatherings are astroturf bullshit put forward by the worst elements on the right, I also note the perfection of their voldemort/deatheater/SS sensibility.

what the fuck is wrong with people?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And she (I think it’s a she) is covering her face so she (I think it’s a she) doesn’t even have the courage to really lean into it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

At this moment there are 827,038 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus with 45,525 deaths. Think about that!

[​IMG]

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

She deserves the roasting she's getting.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If I were there my 63 year old ass would have been arrested for assault, with a deadly weapon if there was a brick or stick I could grab to beat the asshole with.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. I am calling BS on the authenticity. Sacrifice isn't misspelled.

Fred siegle likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted