1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I think the wait for the vaccine people are being overly dramatic (but setting an extreme expectation at least gets people thinking it could happen and won't be caught off guard it does). I think the real impetuous to getting things moving again is if we have ample testing for everyone and contact tracing. Now we will likely have to wait for a vaccine before we cram into a 40,000 seat arena again, but schools could reopen if we could stamp out flair ups quickly.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

wut?

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Accountability hurts poor, unsupervised kids who lack the space, guidance and equipment to do learning right.

4. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Teachers have kids for 40 minutes a day? News to me.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Machine Head

And get paid for it!

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

In our case, we can raise grades if we think the student has done something to warrant it, but we can't lower them even in the case I mentioned earlier where the kid just told me he wasn't going to do anything.

My class is running just like it would if we were actually at school other than I'm not there for immediate Q&A. We use a system called Canvas, and my school issues every student a computer, so all my assignments are online already. It's there. It's available. I just lecture videos about three times a week. I tried Zoom. Out of 56 students, the most I had attend was 7.

Roscablo likes this.
  7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Da fuq you talkin’ about?

9. Machine Head

Internet Massage Board Performance Art?

10. Machine Head

*pours one out for BWB*

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I was referring to middle school and high school classes, but, yes, elementary school teachers have them longer.

Nevertheless, what parents are dealing with is not a similar experience to teaching. At all.

12. Machine Head

The parents need to get paid!

Draft saved Draft deleted