1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

sure

head on out

people are bored

and need haircuts

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's assuming that they were running at 100 percent capacity on a regular basis. If my local grocer is any indication, "capacity" is a really high number that is never met.

They have a sign that says they're only letting 20 percent of capacity in the store. That's still 238 people --- and all the times I've been there it hasn't approached that number.

In the case of a restaurant, you could have every table occupied but still be less than 50 percent of capacity if only 2-3 people were at each table.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

gonna be juuuuuuust fine

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm kind of astonished there are that many people on a flight anywhere right now.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I'm surprised to see a plane that still has video screens in the seatbacks. I thought those were all torn out during the last airline crisis.

and I'm with PC ... also surprised to see that many people flying.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Only thing I can think of with that many people is the airlines have probably cut back so much that there are only a small number of offerings and it's on a major route. But yeah, I was surprised by that too.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

A real good guess. Scheduled to take a vacation in June and they redid the flights because they were cutting down the number to that location each day. And no I still don't think there will be a vacation but I can wait the seven weeks to see.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Lest we think the outbreak is only goading bourgeois, capitalist Western states into ridiculous behavior.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Should have checked with this doc.
    220px-Doc_Brown.jpeg

12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

swingline and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted