1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This is a key and deadly serious question, which we really need to investigate as best we can.

The Johns Hopkins site lists number of cases, deaths and number of people who've recovered for each country, state, etc. The number of recovered people — people who had the virus and haven't shown symptoms in (I believe) two weeks — is substantial, something like 110,000 in the U.S. If we could know all of those people have immunity from catching it again, I'd be much more optimistic about opening up the economy.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I have a pretty good idea:

Numbers spike: "Idiots deserved what they get."

Numbers don't spike: "I don't believe the numbers."

That's how we roll here. Alma described it perfectly.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Rick Wilson and Molly Jung-Fast have a new podcast in which they interview Dr. James Hamblin from The Atlantic. He goes into detail about the very real issue that current COVID-19 antibody tests are fatally flawed because they might not be able to differentiate between the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and any of the dozens of previous coronaviruses which have over the years infected 100 percent of us. This. Is. Not. Good.

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=a...Ewib8cjp5IvpAhXjPn0KHZqRAKAQjrkEegQICxAG&ep=6

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yeah, if this is the type of virus that can hit you again and again, then it destroys the "herd immunity" theory. Given the lasting lung damage some recovered people are exhibiting, subsequent infections would be more damaging than the first in many cases.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

All of them

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Must not anger big orange fatfuck

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Well, they probably have funding that could be cut, so...

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I heard the first of their podcasts last week and it was pretty good.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

"Mr. President can you name literally ONE thing your administration did to prepare, other than the Travel Ban?"

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

A. Not a ban.

2. The airlines and the pilots' union did it first. He's simply taking credit.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I get it.

I'm a little worn out on the, "Look at all the things we did to prepare! We had a travel ban. ..... we also had a travel ban .... and did I mention the travel ban?"

No band ever released a single as their greatest hits album.

Baron Scicluna and Inky_Wretch like this.
  12. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted