1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Every anti-vax mama I know is achingly conservative.

OscarMadison and Webster like this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As somebody else in the mix for that title, I agree.

Driftwood likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's fine

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Couple things.

1. I'm for the banning of these kinds of guns.

2. If we ban them, which I am for, we're also going to have trouble in the short term with people who flip out over their loss of future purchases. They'll kick a little, and that's going to lead to some violent shit. I'm OK with that. The cost of the process.

3. Given that, the minute one of these fake toughs fired a gun it'd be all over Twitter - and, by proxy, here - I don't think these guys are much of a threat. I think trying to arrest them would create a threat, though.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If there's one thing law enforcement in the US is good at, it's the mustering of overwhelming force to confront a perceived threat.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

in summary:

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The root of the matter are Americans are lazy...the social distancing part was easy, the testing and the contact tracing required massive expenditures and hard work on the part of people who, while paid well, are bureaucrats and not dedicated to their profession like the HCW are.

We. Are. Fucked.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, we do have national plan. It places a lot of power in the states. Cuomo gets to Cuomo. Newsom gets to Newsom. Whitmer gets to Whitmer. Kemp gets to Kemp. Reynolds gets to Reynolds. That's the plan. On the whole, it's been about middle of the pack.

If we had a national plan I'm not sure, given the man in charge, you'd like that plan, anyway.

I'll continue to argue that the America you want just isn't the one we have in structure or nature. It's a democracy with thorny, irritating rights - especially the 2nd Amendment, which I'd like to see altered myself - that covers a vast amount of territory and tries very hard not to be Russia and China, two other big nations with governments very different from ours. The Internet has shrunk our nation in a sense, but it's still a big place with extraordinary diversity, including diversity of political orthodoxy.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

sometimes!

h_14493078.jpg

6b2e.jpg

Fred siegle likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No, it wasn't the thing. Maybe it was Mike Goodman's thing, maybe it should have been the thing, but it wasn't the thing. The thing was this:

Flattening the Coronavirus Curve

The gentler curve results in fewer people infected at this critical moment in time — preventing a surge that would inundate the healthcare system and ultimately, one hopes, resulting in fewer deaths. “What we need to do is flatten that down,” said Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, during the coronavirus task force briefing at the White House on a Tuesday evening in early March. “You do that with trying to interfere with the natural flow of the outbreak.”

11. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

I don’t pretend to know what these halfwits are up to and don’t bother to check, but what’s with the Hawaiian shirts? Are they try to look less scary? Like, “hey cops, I know I have a gun, but look at me. I’m festive!” Are they a couple of parrotheads having a bad day?

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

No one dislikes the militarization of the police more than me. I think it's laughable - and shouldn't be allowed.

Draft saved Draft deleted