1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I can see that. Of course what I did was more of an information flow deal where face-to-face (virtual) communication was pretty rare.

2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

In-N-Out is usually better at openings than letting traffic spill out on the street. Usually they will stage cars in a nearby parking lot and then let them proceed row by row. Somebody got caught flatfooted.

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

In-N-Out expected to open sometime this year in this state. One location will have a 26-car drive-thru.

I could use an Animal Style Double-Double right now. Comfort food.

4. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

Glad you're doing so well remotely, and are so much more productive, but are you worried that there's an incentive for your bosses to cut some jobs (even if only by attrition) so that the remaining employees are doing all the work in closer to 40-hour weeks? Or to reduce salaries (even if only by letting inflation eat away their value) so you wind up getting paid less for working fewer hours?

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's just the flu. Expletive the treasonous flag-waving Trumpists.
    This chart displays the low, medium and high estimates of annual flu deaths in all recent years for which data are available. On the right is the death toll of the Trumpandemic, for which, as Jack Palance said in City Slickers, "day ain't over yet." I remember a few armchair epidemiologists with SEC footbawwwl on the brain telling us that the death toll wouldn't amount to much. It's already higher than the medium estimates of every season in the past 10 and higher than the highest estimate in every year but one.
    Nobody said, "We can handle another 9/11 on top of the one we already have." Nobody would be cool with driving if driving suddenly meant twice the likelihood that you'd die or -- heaven forbid -- twice the likelihood of being caught in a backup in rush hour.
    But because libruhl states and those damned black and brown people are bearing a disproportionate brunt of this, it doesn't matter to Trumpists, who suddenly shed their interest in protecting life in favor of protecting the leader of their klan.

upload_2020-5-2_22-37-27.png

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  6. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Oklahoma city ends face mask rule for shoppers after store employees are threatened

"To the people who resort to threats and intimidation when asked to take a simple step to protect your community: shame on you. Our freedom as Americans comes with responsibilities, too," the mayor tweeted. "We must find common ground and work together to deal with the circumstances our society is facing. Whether or not we agree on the details, we have to find ways to cooperate in the task before us."

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"I'm a man. I'm 40. I don't have to wear a mask."

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Okie State go 0-12, but they won't get to play 12 games. No matter how much the Mullet of the Plains and his klansmen in Clemson and the SEC want to talk everybody -- players and fans alike -- into jeopardizing their health for Lord God Footbawwwl.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

This In-N-Out is located in a huge outdoor mall in Keizer, just north of Salem (just south of the ballpark if you're driving on I-5). It has miles of roads/parking lots, and most if not all of the stores are closed. It's been packed ever since it opened. People have been cooped up since mid-March, there's no school, gas is unbelievably cheap for the West Coast and the weather finally was nice the other day. It was a perfect storm.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Telling them "No, you are not allowed to stand in the gallery of the Capital with live weapons" is starting something?

Looks to me like you're starting something when you walk in there with them.

Fred siegle and OscarMadison like this.
  12. Neutral Corner

That's great until you're working a 25 hour week and no longer get full time benefits and insurance. There's many a corporation that would leap at the chance.

Last edited: May 3, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted