1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

You're right. My statement is not a catch all. But the restaurant owners trying to survive are not the ones demanding the economy get reopened. They are doing things like curbside pickup, incentive deals and limited menu options to hold down some expenses. The people I largely seeing pushing hard for the economy to reopen are those who are getting paid still and really don't want to do things like send out stimulus checks to the lower and middle classes.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's a little bit of both, IMHO, and I thought the reporter in question could have and should have gotten laid off restaurant workers on the record to say as much. Unfortunately the story only told the ownership side of things.

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Body Count gets it

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Most imminently, they want to cut off any unemployment payments, food assistance, small business loans or
    essentially anything the government might be doing to aid anybody other than mega billionaires.
    So get back to work, peons.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

The Re-scrub-licans I know deny that COVID-19 is causing deaths at all. They think it’s a conspiracy.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Who with a shred of sanity is claiming that?
    I've seen some conspiracy stuff about random deaths in New York and other hot spots being attributed to COVID-19, but that's about as far as it goes.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

COVID-19 hitting Black people hard? Too bad, get back to the plantation

Spartan Squad likes this.
  8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

You are putting “Re-scrub-lican” and “sanity” in the same sentence. That’s your biggest mistake.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

Cardiovascular societies outline return to medical, surgical procedures - MassDevice

• Hospital-based cardiovascular teams must exchange establish active, up-to-date information on both the local status of the pandemic and the growing morbidity and mortality on cardiovascular procedure waiting lists.
    • There should be a sustained reduction in the rate of new COVID-19 admissions and deaths as determined by local public health officials before procedures can resume. If COVID-19 admissions and deaths start to increase, most elective invasive procedures and tests should cease immediately.
    • Routine screening of patients and healthcare workers for COVID-19.
    • Careful use and monitoring of personal protective equipment (PPE) inventory to minimize the risk of shortages.
    • An expectation of using the highest-level of PPE during emergency cardiovascular cases or for aerosol-generating medical procedures.
    • Physical distancing efforts, including virtual pre-procedural clinics, virtual consenting for procedures and diagnostic tests, and minimizing the number of healthcare workers in physical contact with any given patient.
    • Other strategies, such as greater use of minimally invasive procedures, if effective; shorter length of stay; less invasive tests; and alternative imaging.

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

What a double whammy today.

Casual Facebook associate who has been all about REOPEN - including expressing pride he was on TV during the Richmond rally - announced on Facebook has had tightness in his chest and congestion the last few days and is now awaiting the results of his test.

My GF's mom - a committed Trump voter - finally broke quarantine this weekend to hangout with family (with the encouragement of some other Trump-loving-this-is-an-over-blown-hoax family members).

Turns out a Grandson (who was hanging out with the family Saturday) has a co-worker who has tested positive, and now he's awaiting test results, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted