1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Agree all the way. It was just not meant to work.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I am shocked — SHOCKED, I TELL YOU! — to discover that Louie Gohmert's a fuckin' idiot.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sacramento also scheduled to host state high school basketball finals Friday and Saturday. It's been an absolute flustercluck in the NorCal bracket.
    Sheldon, Dublin await word on CIF semifinal basketball game as another contest canceled over coronavirus concerns - MaxPreps

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I was too quick. Not the first time

MileHigh and HanSenSE like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Sharks aren't home until 3/19 vs. Montreal, Earthquakes gone until 3/21 vs. Kansas City.

6. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're both in previously scheduled road swings. Sharks have just two scheduled home games out of like their next 10, so it may even be possible to move those to later in the season (though there aren't many weeks left) and see how this continues to unfold.

7. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Death toll to 26

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

All these people learning from home or not going to sports events is going to kill some mom and pop eateries.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The only real difference between being designated road or home in the NHL is that the home team gets the right to the last line change, so there's a small strategic advantage.

A friend of mine posted this on Facebook, and I thought it was a great line: "We really need a setting between panic and disregard." Sort of fits this whole coronavirus thing well.

maumann likes this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

don’t forget the waitresses :D

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I generally travel by bus to NYC and they have a capacity of between 49-60 depending on the model. On a typical Mon-Thurs, 95% of the buses fill up on the morning commute and probably 85% on the evening commute. There could be other reasons, but my morning bus had 11 people and the evening bus had 24.

Draft saved Draft deleted