1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Two weeks before the Bay Area shelter in place, my physical showed I had higher-than-normal BP and they wanted me back in the office to check by the end of the month. I called the advice line to find out what I was supposed to do. Never got back to me, so I took that as a sign. My wife got me a blood pressure checker just to be safe and I've been walking a ton now that I'm home (and minding my salt intake as well). I'm pretty sure my BP at the doctor's visit was a one off, but was a little disconcerting that I couldn't get back in for a followup.

lakefront likes this.
  2. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

I would be OK with that. In fact, I think I'd love that.:)

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

The youth of Europe and China in the late 1930s and early 1940s might want you to hold their beers.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Partisans' opinions on safety of various activities: 2% of Democrats say it's currently safe to attend a large sporting event; 37% of Trumpists think it is.
    The stat that really jumps out at me is that only 22% of Democrats say it's safe to go shopping. By "shopping," I presume they mean for items other than groceries. But still, that seems more rooted in a belief in what's necessary than in a belief of what's hazardous.

upload_2020-5-6_19-12-4.png

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The problem is this: The suggested solutions can provide no conclusive evidence of fixing the problem to any degree that can be measured or guaranteed. It's a clinical trial, not a remedy with a proven history of success.

Some people REALLY hate the idea of throwing trillions of dollars at a problem in which only marginal headway (if any) is achieved.

With their many regulations, hair salons are practically operating-room clean compared to the average Walmart.

White Coat Syndrome. Perfectly normal.

6. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's why the best measurement is the cell phone travel data in a region relative to, say, Feb. 1. The comparison between now and then is the key.

7. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Like I said: It’s hard.

We might as well do nothing.

8. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Its worked so well for the NCAA!

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

When my dentist's office called to cancel my appointment in April, they couldn't even tell me a time to reschedule. They still haven't.

I also had a colonoscopy scheduled in April. They rescheduled me for two weeks from now, then called me Monday to cancel that one as well. I'm supposed to talk with the doctor by phone that day to figure out how far back to push it. Not exactly something I was looking forward to, but at some point you worry that a problem could be missed.

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I had a maintenance prescription that needed doctor's permission to refill, but the doctor's office is closed. Fortunately the pharmacy was able to work it out and got me a three-month supply.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Similar thing happened to me, but I had to schedule a telehealth appointment (costs the same as a regular visit) in order to get the script.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Freeeeeeedumb!

Draft saved Draft deleted