1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Yeah. Add in the stockpile found 45 minutes to the north and the site of the McVeigh trial might well be where the first shot is fired. I need a road trip.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, I think Isiah should have been on the Dream Team instead of Laettner, but I wouldn't start a civil war over it.

I don't need no civil war.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Cleveland State students like Applebees too.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Can Trumpists find one message?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I wonder if we can find a workable mid-point where at-risk people and those who have been infected can SiP while anyone who goes out follows precautions. There has to be some sort of middle state between tumbling weeds rolling down an empty street and OPEN ERRTHANG NOW!

For those of us who are in by necessity and who can work from home, it feels like there is a degree of privilege involved. Not saying I'm lucky for the health issues that require this, but I am lucky I can work from home. Is it fair for me to expect this of everyone else?

misterbc and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It's not a bad idea and possibly where we'll go because high-risk people shouldn't have to go to work and there isn't a better system because an until-we-have---vaccine SIP won't be tolerated.

But the Red States will start forcing people to go or risk losing unemployment or be counted as quitting so they can deny unemployment. And the blue collar workers who can't work from home will bear the brunt. The rich will hold up and the poor will die off.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

cyclingwriter2 and Smallpotatoes like this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don't think that's protected free speech.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Strain B. is two sides of the same kopeck.

Trumpists: People must die for the economy/state (Soviet-style forced collectivism).

Liberals: You must sacrifice for the sake of everyone's well-being (Soviet-style again).

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've had to do a couple of those. They really are a joke.

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted