1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Yes, I am talking about more proof like complaints turning up like she said she filed at the time against Sen. Biden, which he is refusing to release. I agree that she has changed her story. Generally women should be believed, though.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Nice job, idiots.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Awesome.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is a stupid, wasteful and gutless option. Why even bother to show up just to throw your vote away? The only candidates with a chance to actually win are the Democratic nominee and the Republican nominee. Unless one of the nominees change by November, our choice is going to be Donald Trump or Joe Biden. Make a real decision and pick one or you are wasting your time and everyone else's even showing up.

There is no Biden rape situation, unless Tara Reade changes her story again. He is not being accused of rape. He is being accused of sexual harassment and sexual assault. The only nominee on the ballot in November who has been accused of rape is Donald Trump, though that was by his first ex-wife and she later changed her story. It is very important to use the accurate language.

Regarding the accusation, unless Biden comes out and says it is true or Reade's accusation is actually proven to be true, why does it change anybody's vote? President Trump is also still facing accusations of sexual assault and sexual harassment. Despite the false claims of Trump supporters, the accusation against Biden is no more credible than the ones against Trump. If you want to vote against Trump and you choose a third-party candidate, you just helped Trump win. That makes you an idiot.

Mngwa, OscarMadison and Jerry-atric like this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Biden has asked the Senate to release any such reports. He doesn't have them. It'd be pretty weird if she filed the complaint with him. He is refusing to open his Senate papers, which would have nothing about this whatsoever unless he wrote "Dear Diary: Raped Tara today. Memo to self: Tell staff to cover it up."

Mngwa and Jerry-atric like this.
  8. Jerry-atric

It would surprise me if Biden came out and said it was true, but perhaps.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's Joe Biden we're talking about, so there is always the possibility.

10. outofplace

Again, be more accurate with this stuff. Biden isn't refusing to release a statement. He is refusing to allow an unlimited search through all of his sealed documents at the University of Delaware. That is an unreasonable ask. He did ask the secretary of the Senate to search for and release any documents related to Reade, but that request was refused.

Even if the complaint turns up, it doesn't prove that he committed sexual assault. Even Reade has said she didn't mention the alleged assault or sexual harassment when she did complain.

Mngwa likes this.
  11. Jerry-atric

I guess we will have to see what comes out. I would probably not vote for a Green Party candidate for the reasons that Outofplace explains, but it is an option for people who may choose to believe survivors.

12. outofplace

That's my point. It isn't an option, not a good one. It is a decision not to decide and we can't afford that kind of thinking right now.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted