1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I think this gets very interesting with spring breaks around the corner. Our school district's as well as the large university in our town is next week. So many people scatter. I have a feeling as a result there will be no school for a bit a week or two after it's over. And many spring breaks are the same time so we'll see how it goes across the board. Timing is interesting in that regard for sure.

2. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

My mom will be ninety-seven tomorrow. I worry one of her aides will be a carrier. I won't fly home to see her for the time being.

I understand she will likely die this year anyway, but I want her to die because her heart gave out or she just dwindled away. I don't want her to be that elderly Minnesota woman who gets reported on the news.

3. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

My dad has terminal throat cancer. I was going to go on a weeklong trip at the beginning of April but it got canned because of this. I had a feeling it would, but if it didn't I was still going to go. And then not see my parents for awhile (my mom, who is mostly healthy, still falls in a risk category by age if anything). What I don't get with the people minimizing this is that they all know someone at risk and it is very, very dangerous for those at risk. Why are they not thinking of that? It amazes me.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
    lakefront and maumann like this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Purely second hand info but my friend works at hospital in Silicon Valley where patient just died and son did NOT consent to anti viral drug until 68 yr old mom was on ventilator (5 DAYS after diagnosis)! Plus they lied about whether she had been around a sick person. Some people.....

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Those admins are in a tough place.

If it's a college and you extend spring break, do you keep dorms open for the kids who can't afford to leave town or go to their parents' house (say foreign students)?

If it's a local district, you're putting parents in a bind to find caregivers for younger kids.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Got 2 kids in colleges. Guess they come home. Online classes are not close to regular classes.

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Think school divisions who drug their feet on one-to-one technology are regretting their decision?

12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

If they send my son home from college in NoCal to SoCal, I don't know how much safer he will be.

Draft saved Draft deleted