1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I bet it is because people are used to seeing only sick people and Asian-Americans using masks. They are getting used to it, still.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

If leadership can't be bothered to wear a mask, why should Jane Q. Public?

Inky_Wretch and Jerry-atric like this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It could have been simple incompetence, or Trump ignoring what the scientific experts told him. Neither would be unusual. If it was about the stock market, he did the worst thing possible.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If Trump wore one, all the Biff Magats would fall in line. They'd pay to buy masks from the WH store, and they would be bigly man masks that increase testosterone.

BrownScribe and Inky_Wretch like this.
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I do agree that he did the worst thing possible. Remember, he wasn't just ignoring what scientific experts told him. He was actively spreading inaccurate information. He wasn't just refusing to get a desperately-needed national testing program in place, something he still won't even consider. He was lying to the public in an attempt to downplay the problem so stocks wouldn't plummet.

The lack of testing coordinated at the federal level is an unconscionable failure by the Trump administration. He is literally refusing to do his job in the middle of an international medical crisis. I don't think that is getting nearly enough attention.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

If that's where the pain is, I'm pretty sure they're not doing it right.

Edit: I see that @2muchcoffeeman beat me to the punch. Damn it!

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    2muchcoffeeman and OscarMadison like this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

If I'm reading the study right - here is the study - the negative emotions, on a 1 to 10 scale, of wearing the mask are 3.1 for men to 2.6 for women in counties were a facemask isn't mandatory, and 2.9 for men to 2.5 for women in counties where it is. Which, I mean, yeah.

9. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

I seriously doubt he will find a hospital that gives him a no-mask option.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I can't imagine - he fears wearing a mask will kill him but refusing to wear a mask will kill him first.

He claims his regular physician told him wearing a mask was a mistake, that it was MORE dangerous. He was then called out on that, heavily.

I promise you this: If I need any kind of medical treatment during this mess, I'm damn sure not going to a doctor or a hospital that doesn't have a mask requirement.

Jesus, people, it ain't that fucking hard. Put on a damn mask.

11. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

Moddy, your post needs a Super Like option!

Moderator1 likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I am lucky to live in a suburban neighborhood with a yard where it is possible to do stuff outdoors without a mask, including walks, as people are careful to give each other the maximum possible space, and there aren't that many out at any given time. But for any contact with the rest of the outside world, I have the mask on. It's a little stuffy, but that's all. Since I have serious grass and tree pollen allergies, right now if I went out without one, I'd be certain to sneeze and frighten people. Why would I do that?

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted