1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

She wasn't "denied care." The surgery was just postponed until May 11 (as of when I heard it last month). She definitely wasn't choosing to put it off, as she was hoping her state's phased reopening at the end of April would at least enable her to get the procedure pushed up a week or so. Did not hear what actually happened.

2. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

So i heard a story, but not sure where. Probably the truth, or may have been severely embellished. Anyway, she couldn't go to the doctor, but not because she didn't want to; only because she couldn't.

And her doctor, who has been otherwise excellent, wouldn't perform this time-sensitive procedure because he couldn't. Or maybe this last step wasn't actually time-sensitive. Or maybe he felt admitting her to the hospital put her in more danger than waiting since her immune system was already compromised.

I have no idea and neither do you. It's just another story to embellish the Trump way of opening up everything and letting people die.

Fred siegle and Roscablo like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Herd immunity will save us all. And, more importantly, the economy!

SFIND likes this.
  4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Postponed indefinitely is denied care for a critical illness. And that likely isn't what happened, which you basically said in your followup. Like I said, there is more to the story and not just don't know when we can do it. Some cancer surgeries aren't necessarily time sensitive but can't wait eons. But May 11 or whatever isn't waiting eons either. That might have happened even without COVID.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Don't need a mask or social distancing because they're FREEDOM warriors. Do need umbrellas.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Morons. What the fuck are they even fighting about?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Looks like they were poking each other with their umbrellas. You know what that can lead to. Don't ever fuck with the Mary Poppins Militia.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Sorry. So sorry. I can't resist.

You wake up in your home, man you just wanna go
    You ask the Gov please but they still say NO!
    You missed two concerts and no hair cut
    But the Dems won't let you out even just to strut

You gotta fight for your right to break quarantine!

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Apologies ... misread yours as implying (SEE THAT EVERYONE? IMPLYING!) I'd made my tale of woe up.

OscarMadison and TigerVols like this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Video wouldn't play for me. Is this Trumpist-on-Trumpist violence?

Inky_Wretch and cyclingwriter2 like this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That's what you get for inferring incorrectly. :D

Draft saved Draft deleted