1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

2. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

A doll with a noose around its neck. Fight erupts at Michigan Capitol protest over noose; police take ax

One of the other protesters apparently thought that, along with posted threats against the governor made by protestors, could be enough to result in arrests.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This lede:
    The day before I got sick, I ran three miles, walked 10 more, then raced up the stairs to my fifth-floor apartment as always, slinging laundry with me as I went.

The scariest thing about this is what we don't know yet. This woman may have perpetual lung damage from this thing. She's 33.
    It's just the flu. Sure it is.

SFIND and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Well, Richmond's mayor was granted a request by the governor stopping Phase 1 from starting in the city until May 29. Which is fine, but Henrico and Chesterfield counties, which surround Richmond. Are opening. So what's the fucking point? People are just going to flock to the counties to do stuff and bring it back with them.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Lord Business want a booming stock market and packed sports stadiums so he can get back on his message of

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

That's what happened here May 1, when counties to the north, south, east and west of Denver started reopening, but Denver and the six metro-area counties waited until May 8. Lots of people flocked to Douglas County to the south and elsewhere. And, as we all know, for Mother's Day brunch in Castle Rock.

Cosmo and Roscablo like this.
  7. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

8. Smallpotatoes

Does everyone here have conservative friends on social media who share articles like this as "food for thought"?

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I pruned the morons out of my social media a long, long time ago.

Why so many of y'all haven't done the same remains a mystery to me.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Yes. My favorite are the ones who are like, I don't want to get political, or I'm just trying to see every side, when they are clearly at least being political and have their agendas. For the most part my friends at least have been pretty respectful, so lucky there.

11. Smallpotatoes

I've taken to snoozing them for 30 days. Especially the one who thinks Plandemic is worth watching.

12. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

Our county has applied for a waiver to have even less restrictive safer at home measures because things are looking OK here and that's one thing I think, is what about the people coming from other areas? Not sure how much of an issue that will be here, but in the mountains it could be. Although I think the mountain areas, especially Estes Park, are the ones who are really asking for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted