1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I don't think you can say definitively that you can't catch it by walking by someone outside, but the chances are fairly low.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm troubled by such definitive statements because we keep finding out that even the experts aren't sure about much of anything with the virus.

The trouble is that people read something like that and they insist they don't need a mask when they are out and about. Then somebody sneezes or coughs at the wrong moment or they see a friend and call out loudly or some other dumb thing happens and there's another exposure.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

There was an article posted here by a medical expert that discussed this subject.

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That's fair. Still not masking when I'm out on walks/bike rides but am any time I have to go inside somewhere. If my neighborhood was more densely packed, I might feel differently.

Driftwood likes this.
  7. Jerry-atric

I do wear a mask to stores but not on my bicycle or walking.

8. Jerry-atric

I will locate it for you. I think it will put your mind at ease.

9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

that it's more transmittable indoors doesn't mean that it's not at all transmittable outdoors.

Mngwa likes this.
  10. Jerry-atric

The risk is so low it is not worth thinking about.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

troll elsewhere, my friend

12. Jerry-atric

I don’t understand. A poster mentioned walking past someone. That is not how you catch COVID-19. How is that a “troll”? It is useful information that should put someone’s mind at ease.

Draft saved Draft deleted