1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I don’t even know the argument. I’m just enjoying the meltdown.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Repeating it a bunch of times doesn't make it any more true, Donald Trump.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Thanks. Can’t say I’m shocked. Gov. Trumpfluffier is the king of misleading information.

4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I post under my real name, and am not crazy about releasing too many details. So excuse my carefulness.

I will not criticize anyone else's choice. These are deeply personal decisions.

In our case, we will be extremely cautious with our son.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I did answer the question. It’s not that interesting a question. I’m against the death penalty, but I haven’t had anyone murdered by someone on death row.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

While Fatfuck is putting his 450-pound foot on the scale.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think that’s your choice as a parent, and it’s precisely why I uncouple personal from philosophical.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

You can't have this discussion in the abstract. If you're in favor of restarting in-person school, I no longer have a personal choice. My son is required to attend public school. They aren't going to have public for some and online for others. I can go to jail for not sending him.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Negotiating with Fatfuck about opening the economy:

10. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

I wouldn't be surprised if some largish school district somewhere tries to make public-for-some-online-for-others work, especially if it has significant groups of parents with strong views in each direction. You might be able to have more kids per teacher in the online classes to make up for fewer kids in the in-person somewhat-socially-distanced classes.

This also seems like an opportunity for one of the education companies (Khan?) to offer relatively inexpensive online private schooling. Getting accreditation quickly might be an issue, though.

11. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

You would not necessarily go to jail. There are home schooling options, but perhaps not in every state.

12. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

Independence Day. Nov. 3. Vote.

SFIND and OscarMadison like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted