1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There is a limit to how far any investigation of President Trump will go because the Senate would never convict him of anything.

You post like a Trump supporter. I am open to the idea that you are a warped version of the political fanboy. In the past, we have had posters who will irrationally support anything done or said by members of their party. They are the equivalent of the sports fan who thinks his team can do no wrong and expects an undefeated season every year. There are also sports fans who say they are fans of a given team, but all they every do is complain. Everything that team does is wrong and it will be wrong for all time. They say their team is awful and incompetent in every way. Listen to them or read what they write for any amount of time and you begin to believe they aren't really a fan of the team they claim to support at all. Maybe you're one of those guys. The results are the same. You paint liberals/Democrats with the same broad brush. You constantly attack their way of thinking while almost always coming down on the side of Republican talking points. Your professed allegiance is meaningless given what you actually post.

2. outofplace

BTE's version of something going over another poster's head is that poster disagrees with him.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I know that Reagan didn't have a direct effect, just he was in office during that time and had exchanges with Gorbachev.

I meant Bush 41, not Bush 43 (I certainly remember the thought that my firm would be gutted when the reservists were called up into service (they weren't))

See in the normal discourse I'd agree, differing viewpoints add much to life. If it was Obama v. Romney, sure, I listen (I still do to my Trumpist friends), but this is such a dramatic, ignorant, corrupt administration its scary. In law school, I learned to respect other's opinions, just scrutinize them for what they were, and investigate the truthfulness of those opinions. These a**clowns are in my direct generation, they were were in bars and school when I was. They should be better American citizens and should be better people, the lies are disgusting. So no, I can't stand their viewpoints and will call it out every time.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. outofplace

You and Alma don't just avoid repeating what others post here. He paints liberals with a broad brush and attacks them constantly. You stand up for President Trump constantly. That isn't just not joining in the groupthink.

It's fine if you choose to support those things, but own it rather than hiding from it.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Alma has been taking the piss, as the Brits say.

The Jefficus Flakicus Troll has become a taxonomic rank on discussion fora since this fiasco began.

That's all fine, I don't mind being fucked with- sometimes I even like it- but when the game is up the game is up.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I would not choose either packed in 30,000 outdoors nor indoor 15,000. In both cases it's the close proximity to others that's the problem. Just ask the Wisconsin protestors. Yes outside when following social distancing is less dangerous than inside with social distancing but that's not the choice here. Parks were closed to discourage large groups in close quarters. And actually some in CA stayed open--Oakland's Lake Merritt for example--but there was a constant problem of too many people showing up and thinking that because they were outside they were fine. It's about social distancing and respecting the fact this is easily spread, inside and outside.

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

COVID-19 is more easily spread indoors, as the wind and “dispersion” make it difficult to breathe in while outdoors.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Well, no shit. But it's also not going to disperse easily if you're in a crowd at someplace like South by Southwest, for instance. You seem to fail to grasp that nuance.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I post like I post.

The Democratic Party has been a house divided, though, for the last 4-5 years. I'd argue the national media - urged on by the Twitter echo chamber it cannot handle and should largely ignore - has on many counts lost its way, too, over the last decade. Our nation is overrun with doom and identity politics that bully centrists into compliance or silence, and we're stuck with Trump as a result. He's terrible, and I like his VP even less than I like him. But when a party of the large tent for the working and middle class throws away the tent for an endless list of aggrieved petitions, it's a problem.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

And one post after you posted that, this happened.

Fred siegle likes this.
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Smoke is also more easily inhaled indoors than outdoors but as a kid I still got headaches when the farmer across the street from my school did a seasonal burn.

Draft saved Draft deleted