1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Despicable.
    The odd part is the language of the guidelines. It’s hard to know whether the venue in question is subject to social distancing or mask requirements.
    The guidelines say “enclosed spaces” and “stadiums” are required to take precautions. What is this #^# race car venue? Is appears to be a stadium but not an enclosed space.

https://files.nc.gov/covid/documents/guidance/NCDHHS-Interim-Guidance-for-Large-Venues-Phase-2.pdf

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Gonna be a lot of sick honkies on Tobacco Road in a couple of weeks.

4. tapintoamerica

And they'll all blame that Democrat governor.
    North Carolina is a Trumpist state no matter the occupant of the governor's mansion. Near super majorities in both houses of the legislature. Two Trumpist US Senators. Its reputation has been boosted by banking in Charlotte and biotech in the Triangle, but nearly everywhere else, it's the place that kept electing Jesse Helms to the Senate.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Okay, wrap your head around this one:
    I am walking the dogs at the local elementary school, and a couple with a baby in a stroller with two dogs are moved aside, maybe waiting for me to pass.

We both do the "my dogs are friendly" thing, and the dogs greet each other.
    The mom then tells the dad to "be careful, it can pass through dogs". She says she is sorry, just worried about the baby.

I'm no epidemiologist, but i say the odds of me passing covid to my dogs, then to her dogs, and then to her baby, are about the same odds as me throwing a quarter, and landing it on the moon.

6. tapintoamerica

Then we'll have a very interesting case study.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

N.C. hit a record number of cases today.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

There was an advisory put out suggesting there was a risk of transmission through pets--someone with Covid touches an animal and passes it to whomever touches the animal next--which is what mom might be responding to. When I looked it up to find the link, I found the CDC guidelines saying risk is low as they don't really know the answer to the question. Baby and parents are probably going to be fine, but I found in life parents with babies are crazy and I just let them be crazy and don't fight it

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Ain't testing great?

26,385 on Saturday.

10. tapintoamerica

In context, however, the test count was twice as large as the previous high.
    The pos % figure of 4.20% is well under the 6.89% figure in the Trumpandemic's history.
    We shall see what happens in Alamance County in the next month.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Context hardly matters when a virus has been turned into a scoreboard

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Worrying about "cases" while disregarding testing is like brooding over your NBA team's 12 playoff losses and ignoring the fact that you can't lose that many without making the Finals.

So stop it already.

Draft saved Draft deleted