1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

If I hear anything, I'll keep you posted. They have more people than they can even screen right now, so I'm in the second or third wave of people to be poked and prodded if they need us. Nearly everyone involved, including me, has worked in a hospital or a medical model mental health unit. This isn't my area of science, but I am wondering if they might want to broaden their sampling to include people who were patients, people who caught it at places other than care units, etc. It might be there are not enough people like that coming forward for them to make a significant conclusion about the differences in contact and contraction. Ahdunno.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Irony: We're traveling and the only restaurant open (for takeout) when we checked in last night was Applebees.

Moderator1 likes this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Riblets!!!!!!!!!

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Last summer, my good friend held his wedding rehearsal dinner at the local Applebee’s. It was scrumptious!

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

[Exit, pursued by a bear]

HC and OscarMadison like this.
  6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Reopen America!

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

One of my former co-workers had hers at a Waffle House. She was raised by DC area foodies and never met a tater tot she didn't like.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Michael_ Gee and Jerry-atric like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They still do those? Haven't been in one in years. We had one near us, my daughter worked there briefly in high school. My son and I would go once a month or so and destroy the all you can eat riblet basket. Wednesdays, I think?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Well at least the economy there in Mississippi has returned to its usual, booming self, amirite?

SFIND likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Putting green reopened at my golf course today. Still not allowed in clubhouse. No bathrooms making it very tough for our women members.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I forgot about the no water on the course thing in my rush to get to my starting time yesterday morning. Bought a bottle at the course but that only did so much. It's almost worth bringing a gallon jug with you. You sweat a lot over the course of a round, even riding in a cart.

Draft saved Draft deleted