1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What the fuck are "anti-progressive morals?" People who say "fuck it" when the CDC tells them to social distance?

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Seemingly a lot of rural America. People in Lynchburg, for instance, gave me a funny look for wearing a mask inside Sheetz. You're giving into the "tyrannical blackface loving governor" if you decide to support what should be a bi-partisan public health initiative.

In Richmond, it's the opposite, at least in the city limits. You get side-eye if you're not wearing one.

Two Americas.

3. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

In fairness: The divide between rural and urban America has existed in our politics since the Articles of Confederation were signed.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Very true. I just find it interesting that you're considered a "liberal pussy" for wearing a mask in certain parts of the country. Look, if the small price to pay to get out and be able to do some things is to wear a mask indoors and stay away from large gatherings, count me in.

OscarMadison, SFIND, misterbc and 2 others like this.
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Where I am on Cape Cod, it's a town ordnance. Masks in any public space and masks outdoors in the town center are mandatory. Same for the towns around it. I just drove past the unaffiliated Protestant church near where I'm staying. The good ladies who run the church's weekly rummage sale has put their wears outside and were sitting in a circle in lawn chairs on the parking lot, each at least six feet apart, and were wearing masks. It was a nice picture.

6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

It's a state-wide ordinance here. But many of the people outside of the I-95 corridor choose to believe they don't have to follow it because they don't like Northam. And no business in a rural area is going to self police it. They'll scream "not my governor!" while shoving in your face that Trump "is your president!" It doesn't work both ways.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The median age of permanent residents in this town and its three neighbors is 60. Ostracism would be immediate for non-compliers.

Cosmo likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

DWHOOM

OscarMadison, garrow and Azrael like this.
  9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It's getting mad at someone spiking the football shortly after spiking the football yourself.

10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

It's a city and county rule here and since it was put in place I have seen a total of one person knowingly not wear one (a few others who forgot and were told to wait outside and did so politely). This guy was this past weekend at a local grocery store. I am really surprised they didn't tell him to leave, but they didn't. He didn't look like some one I'd want to mess with, so I am sure that is part of it. But it was also part of it on his end. Definitely had a make me look.

MileHigh likes this.
  11. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted