1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yeah, but you didn't die, so it doesn't matter. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps. Don't be soft. Don't be weak. Ignore it so that Karen can go to Applebee's and the SEC triumvirate of Bama, Arkansas and Ole Miss can keep contesting the Wallace-Faubus-Barnett Trophy for Excellence in Standing in the Schoolhouse Door.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

@Hermes, I hope you're feeling well now.

@tapintoamerica, that's funny! On a serious note, the denial that something can be better contained but isn't, plays into why there were so many people with health care backgrounds who came forward to be part of the MRSA study. This was an ongoing thing that was part of perfect storm of bad stuff converging. Or something. I can't do the Grantland Rice hyperbolepalooza thing as well as I'd like.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

No mask, WH and MAL both vectors -- why isn't FATUS dead yet?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Your old, dead parents don’t Trump my constitutional rights to get a fucking haircut.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

SFIND likes this.
  7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

There is a tremendous amount of good news in this article. Thank you for sharing! We all need good news these days!

“The message I think we have to say is being outside is really a very important thing [for Covid-19]. It’s getting fresh air, and being able to move and exercise. It turns out that being in the outside environment dissipates these aerosols very, very quickly. Of all the outbreaks that happened in Wuhan, China where people get together with one infected individual and then transmission occurred — all but one of them occurred inside.

“So, I think this is the time of year when people need to take advantage of parks and walks separated by 6, 10, 12 feet knowing they can feel very safe about that. It’s time and dose, so you’re not going to get infected by passing somebody on the path. That’s the good message: Get people out, get them exercising, and take them out.”

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is what failure looks like.

11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

The governor of Florida issued guidelines for schools opening. I couldn't open the document for some reason, but apparently he says 'they're opening, masks are optional.' good luck.

12. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted