1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/presto/...PG?width=660&height=440&format=pjpg&auto=webp

How's that look for ya? Safe?

2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I am not in the advertising business, but that was a good guess! I am a part-time sports journalist. I enjoy these productive discussions, especially by some of my favorite poster/commenters such as Alma and Azrael.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Check the mask-wearing rate in CHAZ vs. Trumpist race tracks in NC.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I couldn't put myself there if I had wanted to as a journalist. I don't live anywhere near Seattle.

Question is: Why's Seattle allowing it?

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

So that's the marker of perfectly safe? Slapping on a mask?

These folks are there all day and night. They're using public toilets.

It's just funny to me. Virtually no shame or outrage for a massive political, weeklong block party. City and state leaders frozen on the spot to even try disputing it. The real problem, according to the Seattle mayor, is that Trump didn't like it.

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I am always “grateful” to meet another Grateful Dead fan such as Inky_Wretch!

Nice “Steal Your Face” photo, Mr. Wretch!

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Because they're peaceful and not causing any significant issues. Even business owners there seem pretty cool with the whole thing.

So, the city can let the whole thing peter out and come to a peaceful conclusion or they can roll in with tanks and cause the whole neighborhood to burn.

There are certainly those who would love to turn that neighborhood into a bombed-out pit to make sure order is maintained at any cost. I am not one of those people.

9. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I am not Jerry - fuck off with the messages asking me if I am.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

To pile on with PC, because clearing out peaceful protesters who are just another Occupy movement is going to go over as well as Trump clearing out the DC protesters for a photo op.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

That description could fit dozens of activities that haven't been allowed - or have been shamed - for months.

1000 people should have just shown up to some person's outdoor funeral because it was peaceful and not causing any significant issues. Or a 400-person picnic, since they're eating in chaz, too.

Lots of things could have been left to peter out. Thing is, those things weren't supposed to be allowed because science.

12. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Are you going to pretend that people not respecting social distancing have been met with violent force up until now?

Draft saved Draft deleted