1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Went to the gym for the first time in months today. It's not a big gym, they limit the number of people allowed in at a time and require appointments, masks aren't required, but available and sanitizing wipes and gel is plentiful - but still between the sweating and the heavy breathing - I may go in with gloves and a mask next time.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Does COVID 19 transmit through sweat? I have not read that. Scary!

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I have wondered that myself. Also whether it's transmissible via the sexy times.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I just haven't been able to do that yet. I know how I huff and puff doing Crossfit (or whatever we are calling it since the box disassociated with CF thanks to the CEO's idiocy) and just don't want to risk it.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I would not go to a health gym, due to the heavy breathing, until more information is collected. Fortunately my exercise is all cycling.

6. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Bed capacity is filling in Florida. My county is not too bad the county north of me is close to 90%. We do not have this under control. And because of the way we've approached I'm not sure we're going to get it under control.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The one person I know to have contracted is believed to have caught it at a NYC gym.

The punching bag in the garage will do for now

Inky_Wretch and Jerry-atric like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What makes my gym situation rough is that for now it's only open for two three hour blocks. Usually open 24/7. I get it - it needs to be staffed - but you're still jamming a bunch of people into a small space in short period of time. I'll keep the membership - but I kind of like the workout I devised using the steps, bleachers, ramps and benches of local buildings.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I think it is a huge can of worms, to essentially ask players to waive any claims. If, say, a junior cornerback doesn't want to sign it, does that mean he's released from his scholarship, and he can go to any school and transfer freely? I know the mortality rate is mostly high for the oldest populations, but there are still plenty of reports of healthy people in their 20s being hospitalized for this. If you have pro potential, are you risking it? I think Ohio State, and schools like it, are probably banking on the "macho" culture of football meaning that players are going to sign anything if it means they can play.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted