1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

LOL! Nice catch!

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

At least baseball players are paid while taking this risk. The college players just have free classes that are getting cancelled or pushed online because of of this.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don't think the NCAA will shut down. I can see them moving the Final Four from Atlanta to a much smaller site.........like the Sprint Center in KC or Rupp Arena or somewhere like that.
    MLB has some time to wait this out. Still 2 weeks away from Opening Day. Being that it's outdoors and in a much larger "environment" helps that tremendously.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The optics of "can't go to class, but can play basketball" is not good.

FileNotFound, MTM, HanSenSE and 2 others like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The players are in a wide open environment - when they're on the field. The fans still sit close together in rows of seats.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The ncaa losing 90% of their revenue

Could not happen to a better group

7. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I remember discussions like this over whether to keep playing quoits during the Black Death.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

IMHO, the most corrupt organization in American History.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

11. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Metro Manila going on lockdown for a whole month. Not that traffic there ever moves that quickly, but that's going to take one hell of an effort.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

The vast majority of the NCAA's March Madness revenue is from the monster TV contract. Losing a year of the event isn't ideal, of course, but the organization's not going to go under because of it.

Draft saved Draft deleted