1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Who said that Gobert wasn’t good at offense?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Just got the "work from home until" notice.

4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

We are talking about it at our office. Making sure that everyone's VPN works, etc. We're a small office -- 13 people -- and no one has shown any signs. Still, it's probably coming.

5. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Here in Connecticut, the winter sports tournaments were canceled a few days ago, with girls' basketball already in the semis and the boys' tournament about to start.

I am a high school teacher, and I have to imagine that all of us are going to be made to teach from home. My district has been very good with daily updates via email. While some districts have closed, I would imagine it is only a matter of time before we all close.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

C'mon, cancel the NCAA Tournament and take all that money away from the players coaches and administrators and NCAA bigwigs??

Spartan Squad likes this.
  7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm a middle school teacher and am hoping we get the notice we're shutting down. The problem is we have too many students who don't have access to the internet so we can't even pretend like we're going to give them work they'll do at home.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Formula 1, which had already lost one team for opening weekend after McLaren self-quarantined, just canceled the GP of Australia.

9. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Complete with unemotional Asian dealer cutting your heart out ...

maumann, Iron_chet and Batman like this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pretend is the key word there. Are middle school and high school students really going to do work from home if school is closed?

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh hell no but at least we as a school could throw up our hands and say we tried.

Draft saved Draft deleted