1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

maumann likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to tell The Lincoln Project that members of The Greatest Generation are between the ages of 96 and 119 and that anybody who served in WWII is 93 or older. It's the Silent Generation (75-95) who comprise the bulk of COVID-19 victims.

maumann likes this.
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bars should not have been allowed to open anywhere. I don't believe it's the barber shop or the 30 percent capacity gym or the grocery store that's spreading this. It's the bars and resort destinations that decided the pandemic was over. You can get your booze fix elsewhere. There is zero reason right now for people to be congregating inside in poorly ventilated spaces. But people can't help themselves.

SFIND, HanSenSE, garrow and 1 other person like this.
  4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Three soon-to-be unemployed troopers. Hopefully.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

We. Are. F'ed.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Phrasing joke goes here.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Big whiff by our federal and (more to the point) state and local governments. It should have been priority No. 1 all along. Just now have places like the NYT begun to fully awaken to the problem.

We’re so absorbed in our own present we neglect the future.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

heroes!

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

California tried to open bars on June 8. My knuckle-dragging red state never opened them, even though its Phase 3 was supposed to start on June 26 (instead, Phase 2 was extended three weeks).

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Suspended with pay seems more likely.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I mean, I get the desire. There are restaurants around here that are so reliant on bar income that they'll never recover. But they're just not safe. I doubt bar seating opens in Virginia for the rest of the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted