1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Point taken.

So I'll spike the football with a February photo from . . . Mexico.

[​IMG]

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

¡GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!
    *Big inhale*
    ¡GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

3. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

FTFY

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

My dickish response aside, if even Mexico was on board early, I want to chop Trump in the throat even more.

5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Yet - most of them are probably against pro choice.

SFIND and tapintoamerica like this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Here's an oldie but a goodie from page 26 of this thread. On Feb. 29:

The point to all this? Masks were quite normalized from the start. But not in this country.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Florida is not at all impressed.

8. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Another narrative goes the way of 'rainbow parties'.

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The bet here is that every one of them doesn't want - or least seem - to realize that their poor choice can affect those surrounding them.

We all know how much education DeSantis wants to offer while blaming the media and anyone else except himself ... I mean, he does bow at the altar of you-know-who.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Long thread on the same topic. Retractions start in the 21st tweet.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

masks were sold out on Amazon and in stores the last week of February

same for gloves and anti-bacterial wipes and disinfectants

people weren't waiting for an announcement

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yes, but the surgeon general, a guy nobody could have picked out of a lineup 5 months ago, said something sometime in March, and we all know that was as good as gospel.

So really, who would have ever thought to wear a mask before yesterday afternoon? I mean, how was anyone supposed to know that staying away from people, and wearing a mask if you absolutely need to be near people, and washing your hands frequently and using disinfecants were the best measures that humankind had found for preventing the spread? The surgeon general said something in March, so that stopped all ability for any sentient being to figure out who might have some expertise worth listening to, and it prevented people from activating their listening and reading skills, and their ability to make rational decisions.

Spartan Squad, SFIND and FileNotFound like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted