1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Heckuva job,

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They used hand sanitizer and didn't hug or shake hands. Cool.

All they did was stand shoulder to shoulder and sing for two hours. Might as well have begged the virus to come calling.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

6. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Whither Yale?

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm not excusing/condoning her racist behavior. Just saying what this is: she's wildly mentally ill. I have friends who have tried to help. One had lunch with her a few weeks ago. It did not go well.

I hope she gets help because (a) she needs it and (b) it would be nice if the harassment of my co-workers and acquaintances would stop. I'm not too worried about shaming her because her paranoid delusions are racist.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

songbird stylebook is 'wither'

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Now I want a bird that could ride on our dog’s head. Mark that down as a thing I never thought I’d say.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Yes and no. Talking about it keeps the discourse where it belongs. It keeps eyes and ears on people who need our attention and even more, our support. Advocacy happens because you, I, everyone who sees what's wrong says something.

It is enraging that the people who perpetrate this are getting what they want. For them, it's not just about breaking everything they can touch. Their goals include domination through fear and loathing. They want to break all of us from the inside out. We are who they can't be, what they can't have, so they want to see us destroyed. Our only hope of getting out from under this is to continue to identify what is wrong. We have to refuse to normalize it.

I wish there was an easier way. I desperately want to reclaim the life I had before 2016. I'm sure you do, too. Well, no. I know too much to want that. I want to reach a point where it is safe for the people out on the streets to speak up. I want a responsive, responsible, compassionate government, that stands for everyone, and nothing less.

I'll hang up and listen.

3_Octave_Fart and maumann like this.
  12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

click for the sad American trombone

Draft saved Draft deleted