1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

too late

TigerVols, garrow and FileNotFound like this.
  2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be honest, we don't know if masks, social distancing and limiting capacity indoors are enough because people don't have enough common sense to consistently do those things. Also, we don't have a president capable of that leadership even if he was interested in providing it.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

literal

imbecile

SFIND likes this.
  4. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

For the one one-hundreth time. JFC. Human garbage.

SFIND and lakefront like this.
  5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Mutti!

Save us!

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'd say all that has been very effective --- you don't see outbreaks at grocery stores or Costcos or people generally just doing basic business.

You see it in mass social gatherings (birthday parties, etc.) that another April-like shutdown won't stop. Why ANY state opened bars is beyond me. My red state hasn't had a bar (legally) open since late March.

SFIND, cyclingwriter2 and lakefront like this.
  7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I guess that’s what I’m kinda saying, that the measures are preventing outbreaks but are not enough to allow a full unfettered reopening of all the things.

I don’t know, y’all. I’m feeling especially doomy today. I should probably focus on one of the half-done projects on my desk instead.

lakefront and Roscablo like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Without contact tracing of every person who tested positive, we really can't be sure of that. For example, did these restaurant employees catch it at work or off-the-clock?

3 Gulf Shores restaurants confirm COVID-19 among staff

SFIND likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

My regular barber was open (had to make an appointment and wait outside until a chair was ready, two chairs only), so I went in this morning. They have been the only place so far that have asked me to jot down my name and phone number in case something happened COVID wise and they needed to call for contact tracing purposes.

10. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Will show this to my hubby who has been watching "Still Game" on Netflix.
    Still Game (TV Series 2002–2019) - IMDb

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Hang in there.

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

People are uneducated enough to think that a hoax about vaccines should dictate the rest of their lives. They and their ilj aren't just wary of science, they don't like it because science makes them feel stupid.

Draft saved Draft deleted