1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Severian

Severian Well-Known Member

A friend of mine is thrilled March Madness is canceled. I've watched him slave away at a project for weeks leading up to Selection Sunday. Now, it's shelved until next year, which is fine because he'll have most of the thing done anyway.

2. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

We will soon have a dead map on the NYT rather than an infected map.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ok, here's a highly unscientific survey of the local supplies. I was just wondering how bad things were locally, so I scoped it out. I went to Walgreen's this afternoon to pick up some prescriptions. They were not totally out of toilet paper, but they were close. No hand sanitizer. No clorox type cleaning products other than Clorox bathroom cleaner, which was plentiful, and is certainly useable in a pinch. No rubbing alcohol. No Lysol. No liquid hand soap.

Next stop, Publix. I got a four pack of TP. They had just a very few packages left in a large section. We have about half a twelve pack at home and I was hoping for another. Nope. They were out of all of the other items. In addition, a cashier told me that they were also having runs on paper plates, bowls, cups, and plastic ware. Limited to two per customer currently. Bought a major grocery run, I was overdue to go.

Stopped by the Dollar General a couple of blocks from the house otw home, just to scope it out. They had shelves half full of TP, with several floats of cases of TP and paper towels ready to be shelved. They did have a little bit of liquid soap, and several large refill bottles as well. None of the rest was to be had. The guy there said that hand sanitizer was the worst, as soon as they get some it's gone. I think that for most of these products stock is still coming in, but you have to be lucky enough to get there soon after it hits the shelves, because it's going straight out the door.

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Don't get the deal with toilet paper.

There are a lot of things you can use as a substitute if absolutely necessary.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

CVS receipts. EOT.

maumann likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Yes, Trump appears clueless.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Less than three dozen cases, zero deaths in Russia, where balconies remain more dangerous than this deadly virus.

Liut likes this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, any numbers coming out of Russia are totally trustworthy. Good call, Ivan.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted