1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NBC Fires Matt Lauer

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Jason Witten.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We’re not going to get names here?

Someone more in touch with the business will figure this one out. PM me when you do please.

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Matt Lauer is a celebrity. It's not the same.

On a sidenote, Savannah Guthrie was pretty excellent this morning.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Every place I've ever worked has had people hooking up. Some get married, some are already married and it leads to a split, some stay secret, some relationships are inappropriate and some are fine. It went in every direction. Male bosses and female subordinates, female bosses and male subordinates, two people of equal standing, reporters hooking up with interns, editors booking up with reporters, management falling for one another, etc. It's the way of the world. Humans like to get sexual with people they spend time with. We spend the most time at work.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is bad news for me. I spend most of my time home alone.

melock and sgreenwell like this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

My brother married a co-worker. Obviously it happens. But I remember him being nervous for weeks about it, and asking me multiple times how to even approach it, or if he should just let it go. And he's ... not humble.

7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

On the plus side though, you can only face two allegations of sexual misconduct at the most.

Hokie_pokie likes this.
  8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

My right hand and my left hand?

Hokie_pokie, HanSenSE and melock like this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yes. That was the joke.

Hokie_pokie and SnarkShark like this.
  10. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Yeah, but if a guy like Matt Lauer is hooking up with every new, young female co-worker who walks in the door, that’s a problem, even if it’s consensual.

It becomes sport for him, and it puts both the women who sleep with him, and those who don’t, in a terrible position.

11. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Substitute DC for Alabama and you have my experience. I just couldn't fathom it, although I'm 10 years into my marriage and very much would like to not fuck it up.

I was in a relationship with my editor at the Cav Daily for two years, but she moved on me.

12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Right. People date. People hook up. I did it a couple times. But I get the feeling that practically every interaction at some of these places is sexually charged.

Draft saved Draft deleted