1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Day 4 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Who's his Cheneyesque muse in that conference? What conference is Memphis in?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Don't know.

C-USA.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I hope the Times sends Selena to cover coach cal for old times sake.

4. Songbird

I'm glad Georgetown is healthy again. Strange seeing John Thompson's boy leading the rebirth. At least I can understand junior. For 25 years I've listened to papa Thompson and it's been pops and whistles; don't understand a word of that jibber jabber.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? Only Mike Krzyzewski and Gary Williams can rival that man's ability to spew profanity. Thompson admitted that about himself.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

It's Bobby Knight on line one. He wants to say a few dirty words.

7. Sam Mills 51

Boy, I f_cking leave one f_cking guy out and I get f_cking jumped. Sh_t. My f_cking fault for leaving out the man who openly admits that f_ck is his favorite word in the language.

F_ck. :D

8. Songbird

I'm not saying papa Thompson didn't cuss. What I'm saying is that when I listen to him talk during NBA games or conduct interviews, I don't understand a damn word.

Hell, every coach cusses.

9. Sam Mills 51

I'll give you that his enunciation could use some fine-tuning. But after talking with enough high school kids who need to spit the marbles out of his mouth, picking out John Thompson's words isn't too tricky by comparison.

10. Songbird

I think he sounds more like a male version of Macy Gray gurgling on sperm while trying to eat a Snickers bar.

11. Sam Mills 51

12. Songbird

Maybe Thompson can interview Durant about how it feels to be the best player in the country.

Draft saved Draft deleted