1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Day 4 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Mar 18, 2007.

1. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

We have Florida-Purdue. I hate Big Ten basketball.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Edit: Hawk beat me to the conference-as-host explanation.

3. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

What a horrible offensive foul call, just now.
    I know it's just one call, but as we all have seen, one bad call can change the entire momentum of a game.

4. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

I believe the United Center floor is a special one just for the Big Ten tournament/NCAA, like they do for the Final Four. Note there is no NBA three-point line on there, and you can't tell one that is covered up. Others have both lines (Sacramento, New Orleans).

5. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Has Wisconsin played 20-minute games all year, or is this just a recent occurance?

6. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Gators keep playing like this and their next trip to Atlanta will be for an SEC championship game.

7. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Thank goodness i was never a Big 10 hoops beat writer. This brand of hoops is unwatchable. If I had to cover Purdue or even Wisconsin this year, i probably would have, at some point, tried to slit my wrists. Close game with Florida, but bodies are everywhere, contact is too frequent, and there's no fludity.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Honestly, that's probably the ideal type of game for a team to try and beat Florida: Ugly it up, play a low-scoring game. Now, watching two of these teams play each other? Not sure I'm up for that.

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Can we get that Joakim Noah dance again? Please?

10. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Wisconsin just had Ron Lewis throw on a Badgers jersey and he's on the bench. No joke.
    Oh shit, he's headed to the scorer's table!

And just like Saturday, the favorite is down 8 with 256 left.

11. Norman Stansfield

Chant it with me now:

REBELS...REBELS...REBELS...

12. Norman Stansfield

UNLV might have the lowest collective BB IQ I've ever seen. Way to fucking foul on a wide-open layup, and let the guy make it too.

Draft saved Draft deleted