1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 12 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 14, 2007.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Is it possible for a one-loss Boise State to not only leapfrog Hawaii next week with a win but also to make the BCS again? I'd think that their ranking should be somwhere around 10-12 if that happens, and I cant say I see a second place team in the AssClownConference or Fat 10 that's worthy.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yep. As a coach, it's his job to give his team a chance to win the game should Hawaii make it. Poor coaching there.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Yes, and they're being projected into the Sugar Bowl by some bowl prognosticators. I think it's more likely they wind up in the Vegas Bowl or the Humanitarian Bowl.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

None, at worst.

5. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Getting an early start, buck?

Game's not for 6.5 hours.

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Started last Saturday, Troop. I aim to be in the stands at 1001 Rose Bowl Drive on Jan. 1 for the second consecutive year, too. ;)

7. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Hey, more power to you. I just find it amusing since I have an Ohio State grad — one who's pretty much been in a frenzy since Saturday — sitting six feet to my left.

I really should go to bed, but my game's on in three hours. Time to whip up a batch of Crystal Light and soldier forth. (Love the Rose Bowl, by the way. Went there six years ago ... my only regret is the chili dogs at halftime).

8. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Anyone check out that OSU-Mich documentary on HBO this week? Caught it about halfway through--When Hayes was at OSU and Michigan just hired Bo. It went into the history of why Ohio and Michigan don't like each other...I'm from the northeast (and a PSU fan), i can care less about either.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I am curious to see if Boise can beat Hawaii.
    The Rainbow Warriors sure don't appear to be a BCS-type team.
    Lots more power out there elsewhere to fill those 8 slots.

10. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

If Michigan wins today, it's likely that the BSU-Hawaii winner will get a bid via the top-16 clause. (Non-BCS school in top 16 and ahead of champ of BCS conference)

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Someone at College Gameday just held up a sign for the camera:

"We want a new Carr with Les Miles."

12. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

Good one.

Any chance Mizzou looks past Kansas State and gets knocked off today? The Tigers haven't won in Manhattan since 1989. But, that also began the era of the Bill Snyder juggernaut, so that pretty much explains that streak.

Draft saved Draft deleted