1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 12 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 14, 2007.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My favorite ULM-Alabama moment was when I realized that CBS hadn't updated its graphics and had the La.-Monroe Indians beating the Tide.
    I think ULM changed its mascot two years ago after the NCAA decided that teams with Indians as mascots were forbidden.
    And I live in SEC land and I'll be the first to say that the SEC is crummy this season.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If Missouri had any kind of a punting team, the game would not have been as close. The Tigers took care of business on the road, and Kansas is taking care of business too. Who will win the showdown? I have no godly idea who should be favored.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Touchdown Duke! No shutout in South Bend!

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

HA! I can only respond with ... Hooray?

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

To paraphrase one of college football's great epigrams:

Pay, Bama . . . pay.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You're welcome.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

GAINESVILLE, Fla. - Tim Tebow became the first player in NCAA history with at least 20 touchdowns passing and rushing in the same season.

Seems like Tebow has revolutionized the position of QB to a far greater extent than the most exciting and gifted athlete ever to put on a helmet, Michael Vick. So why isn't Tebow being talked up like Vick & Young were? Are we afraid to say that Tebow is an exceptional athlete?

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

In no way did he say the SEC is "better than everyone else" or even the best conference. He was comparing two conferences, saying the SEC is better than the Big 10. I don't think many people would disagree with him.

And yes, I am welcome.

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Turned on the Notre Dame game just in time to see the postgame circlejerk with the Irish players singing to the fans and a TV guy asking if Claussen's performance means he's "woke up the echoes."

Glad a win over Dook has brought the passion back to South Bend.

So sad it's funny.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I know it offends people, but sorry. It's the truth.

There is a reason OSU-Michigan is for the title every year.

And it's not because they are awesome teams.

If they were, they would win a national title more than once every 40 years.

In summary . . .

Yes, a shit team beat Alabama . . . an Alabama team going nowhere in the SEC.

A Div. I-AA team beat Michigan . . . a Michigan team that was playing today for the Big Ten title.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

And 92,000 people showed up to a intrasquad game of a team that lost to the University Louisiana at Monroe State Technical School of Prosthetics A & I.

I think that loss hurts Bama fans worse than Appy hurt The Go Blues.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Thanks for not disappointing, SEC fans.

Nice to know some things never change.

Draft saved Draft deleted