1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 12 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But they haven't won it in a year when there was clearly one truly great player, which McFadden is.

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Should Felix Jones come in second if McFadden wins? Averages 4.2 yard MORE per carry than McFadden, has one less touchdown and is over a 1000 yards as well. McFadden is great but I don't see Dixon or Tebow's backup coming into the game and putting up comparable numbers.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

He speaks the truth.

Even if Dixon doesn't turn his knee the wrong way, it was still going to be close between him and McFadden.

Now.....not so much.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

If I got singed I'd jump ship, too. After I demanded some burn cream. ;D

5. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Twisted knee my arse. Having done it myself without contact, it looks like a torn ACL to me. I have no medical evidence at all to back my hypothesis, but it seems you don't have a crying QB, a crying trainer and a dad brought down to the sidelines for a simple twisted knee.
    Makes me wonder if he suffered a partial ACL tear against Arizona State that was hushed up, and he and the staff decided to take the chance. If Dixon heard a pop, he probably realized what happened. As for his walking around, people can do that for awhile on a torn ACL (I was off crutches while awaiting surgery, and Brad Faxon played practically the whole '05 PGA Tour season on one, only going in for surgery after he won at Hartford).

6. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Same thing I told my wife last night. A deep knee bruise, a sprain or a something comparable makes it a lot harder to walk on than a torn ACL. When he got up and started walking, I knew he was done for a while.

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

I remember thinking Terrell Davis would be fine after wrecking his knee against the Jets. After all, he didn't look to be in that much pain walking off the field.

Afterward, I remember reading that a lack of pain is nearly always a BAD sign.

8. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

My only happy ACL/Broncos note:

Intact ACLs in John Elway's knees throughout his pro career: One

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

Worst knee I have ever seen.

Just look at where his kneecap is on his left leg.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That wasn't the same crew at Arizona. Might have a few members, but the crew chief from the Oklahoma game retired after the season and was promoted to Pac-10 Supervisor of Officials. (Go figure).

Two members of the Oklahoma-Oregon crew worked the Nov. 10 Washington-Oregon State game that resulted in the one-game suspension of the replay crew and the on-field crew being banned from any postseason games for blowing a crucial call in the final minutes.

After that game, the Supervisor of Replay Offials (the previous Supervisor of Officials) basically told Oregon State to "fxxx off" for complaining about the original mild penalties handed out to the officials by te league office (they were subsequently made much harsher).

On replay, they got every call right on Thursday, which is the reason for replay, no? even if it slows the game down. (You can't review the facemask they missed). And in their defense, those were some bang-bang plays.

11. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Anybody know if Oregon has AFLAC? [/DUCKing]

12. WS

WS Member

A defensive end on the team I cover tore his ACL in the third week this year. He ran a mile the day before his surgery (five days after the injury). He and the trainers have had a goal to get him back by next week's game, and so far it's looking attainable.

I never saw him walk with a limp, but he also didn't injure anything else in the knee. We'll see if he actually plays.

Draft saved Draft deleted