1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 12 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Nov 14, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Didn't Garrison Hearst have a tear (or a partial one) his entire career at Georgia?

I think Kenny Smith when he played hoops at UNC had a quick recovery from a knee surgery also.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That's what I was thinking, the point moving down to 11.5 just before tipoff. Something was definitely up.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sounds like someone found out the OU QB's knee was a little bit gimpier than everyone was letting on.

Vegas found out and adjusted.

Someone in Tucson made a call to someone.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Number of intact ACLs in SC's knees = 1 as well.

You can walk, run, whatever without an intact ACL. It just makes your knee really, really unstable.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Word out of Fayetteville is Houston Nutt is leaving Arkansas. Either Baylor or SMU will be his next stop.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He won't be fired however. Broyles said yesterday that he's leaving that decision up to his replacement.

The rumor percolating around SMU is that their new HC will be a guy with Texas and NFL ties and is currently at a BCS school with a less-than-satisfied fan base.

Nutt never coached in the NFL or in Texas.

But Steve Kragthorpe did.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Jeff Long would never go out of his way to make me happy by taking Dave Wlatstedt with him from Pitt to Arkansas. Pitt could be 6-3 right now if they had someone who knew how to manage Pat Bostick and LeSean McCoy.

8. Inky_Wretch

Amazing how quick this is happening. The new AD announces a restructuring of the athletics department, then the next day word is Nutt is leaving.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Oregon QB Dennis Dixon tore his ACL - gone for the year. Glad to see him make that TD run Thursday, but I hope he still gets an invite to New York for the Heisman ceremony.

When was the last time a Heisman winner played for a team outside the top 10?

10. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

I know this gets little love here but Harvard and Yale are both undefeated in the Ivy for the first time since '68 - the 29-29 tie.

I'm a UConn grad but go to this game every year. And it should be a fun, fun day tomorrow. They're expecting a full house at the Yale Bowl and my friends and I will have the grill going by 9:05 a.m. for a noon start.

Hells yeah.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Tore it in the Arizona State game. Didn't someone say they thought that might have been what happened?

12. Inky_Wretch

I'd love to attend The Game one year. Preferably at Harvard.

What's on the grill? Kobe steaks and lobster?

Draft saved Draft deleted