1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 9

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 21, 2019.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

While I commend the B10 for moving to nine conference games - don't they also require at least one of their non-cons be against a P5 school? They don't have one yet for 22 and 23 - why not just keep UCLA on?

2. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I believe the plan is to try and put Notre Dame in there instead

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It probably won't mean much by the end of the season - but this USC-Colorado game has been a good watch.

The Buffs would have had this win if they picked up any number of fumbles or potential picks that were literally right in their hands.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Colorado wimped out. Should pick up 3rd and 4 and then punted from the USC 40 with 6 minutes left up 31-28. Lost 35-31.

Mel Tucker coached like a DC tonight. Needed one more score to win. Never got it.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Too many penalties. Mental midgets in the fourth quarter. Better showing for the Buffs. Still not sold on Tucker.

6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

What I took this weekend:
    Teaser: Rutgers +14, Pitt +2 and S. Carolina +1.5
    Teaser: LSU -4.5, Navy +2.5, Oregon -8, Nebraska +4.5
    Parlay: LSU -10.5, Texas +1, Notre Dame -1
    Parlay: Oklahoma -24 and Over 59

What say you guys?

7. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Yes, fun game to watch with both teams having strong passing attacks and lousy pass defenses.
    I don't think Helton did anything to help his cause. But he did get pissed at the (horrible Pac-12) refs and won his case. He felt they were marking the ball ready for play too quickly after substitutions. Once, the Trojans were called for 12 men on the field as a defensive lineman was running toward the sideline. A second time, he had to call a timeout to avoid a penalty. That meant burning a timeout when they were still 10 points behind in the fourth quarter. He complained vehemently and won that argument to reinstate the timeout.
    For once, USC's opponent made more stupid mistakes -- illegal procedure, holding, etc.
    Most of what I read last night and this morning is negative. The Trojans had to pull out a victory over the last-place team in their division.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Still confused why they didn't bring in Bieniemy.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

The Enemy is going to get NFL chances.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

What the fucking fuck is going on in the little krapple?

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well, Ohio State-Wiskey was good while it lasted.

On to Boomer Sooner vs K-State.

2:30 CDT games are great (football only): Auburn at LSU and Pederast State at Rape State.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Oklahoma's defense hasn't made a play since early in the second quarter.

Draft saved Draft deleted