1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NCAA Week 9

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Oct 21, 2019.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If anything an Oklahoma player blocked a KSU player inside the 10-yard window, preventing him from possibly fielding the ball. which is illegal.

Not many care about San Jose State football, but the Spartans won at Army today and are 4-4, their most wins in quite some time. They also won at Arkansas. Brent Brennan is doing a good job and they are giving him time to rebuild through California HS recruiting instead of a quick JC fix.

maumann likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

If Carolina only had an immediately recognizable school color for its uniforms ...

expendable and maumann like this.
  3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

They still have Boise and a roadie to Hawaii - but the other two games are winnable. I really hope they can get a bowl with a 6-6 record this year.

On the other front - I'm guessing Jason Garrett's seat got a little less warm today.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And knowing our luck, SJSU will get the Middle of Nowhere Bowl in Upstate New York and going to see it will not be an option. The last two bowls were both on the East Coast and SJSU hasn't been to a bowl in the Pacific Time Zone since 1990. Do hope they make it regardless. Liking what they're doing over there.

maumann likes this.
  5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That depends. Are those scholars from the SEC?

maumann likes this.
  6. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Global warming should put the entire SEC under water by 2034.

7. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

FSU 1st half goes to 7-1 for me this season. I love getting paid early

exmediahack likes this.
  8. DanOregon

I'm really happy to see that a lot of former Beavs coaches are doing well there. Also, I covered Alonzo Carter when he started at McClymonds - and never knew he was a Hammer dancer. Great dude.

maumann likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And at home to Fresno State in the regular season finale. Cautiously optimistic here.

10. DanOregon

If I'm a player, I'd rather go across the country and play in a stadium you never play in, than finish the season in New Mexico or Boise - or even worse, play in a bowl game in your home stadium. Shoot - give me the Bahamas or Hawaii Bowl over all but four or five of the Big Boys any day.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

True. I'm just being selfish because it would be cool to see SJSU in a bowl game. Since they will likely get one early in the bowl season, my school won't be on winter break.

12. DanOregon

Believe it or not - I went to the First (and last) annual Silicon Valley Football Classic at Spartan Stadium to complete a bowl double-header - I went to the Diamond Walnut Bowl at ATT Park in SF earlier in the day. Saw NIU-Troy and Navy and New Mexico - talk about four random teams.

maumann and Spartan Squad like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted