1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Fantasy Baseball League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by outofplace, Feb 12, 2018.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Keepers are input into the draft order, so you can all see which players will be available in our draft. Let me know if you see any errors.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

So the draft order is following the consolation results?

3. outofplace

It is what we've done in the past, so yes. That is why I put forward the rule change, to correct something that needs to be fixed rather than doing it on the fly right before the draft.

bigpern23 likes this.
  4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Idk about anyone ride, but I assumed that's how we always did it.

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I think non-roster rule changes are OK, as long as they’re done before the draft. FWIW.

6. outofplace

I thought about that. We are far enough in that we should be voting on rule changes and instituting them for the following season. We did a little more of the fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants thing at first because it was new and then COVID forced some adjustments.

I think either option would have been unfair to some owners, so I went with voting on the change for next year.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yes to 1 and 3.

8. outofplace

Three days to the draft!

Huggy likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Are there any shortcuts to be able to see which players are available and their ranks other than flipping back and forth between the keeper lists and the player lists?

10. outofplace

Just look go to the Players drop-down and select Player List. You will have to toggle between hitters and pitchers, but the guys who were kept shouldn't be listed there. As far as the site knows, they were already drafted. I just looked and didn't see guys who were kept on the lists.

11. jla74m

jla74m Member

I am looking for anyone interested in joining the Yahoo Fantasy Sports Baseball Fans League. I have run single-season leagues for many years, but now I am looking to find likeminded people to form a continuing yearly league. If interested, click on the following link: Join my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Baseball league, Baseball Fans League. Thanks.

12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Just realized this is on the first night of March Madness.

Draft saved Draft deleted