1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Springsteen single out today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by UNCGrad, Nov 25, 2013.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Guy in my aisle paid $200 today for the section I got for $90ish. Said his friends from Tampa called and told him the opening show was incredible the other night.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Watching on Facebook Live and very jealous.

3. Webster

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I’ve been to a couple of concerts before of the amphitheater variety but never to a big arena show with all the bells and whistles - for any artist. So when I say this was a once-in-a-lifetime experience, I truly mean it.

I think I picked a good un for my one big splurge. My God what an incredible night of rock and roll. If Bruce S. himself never showed, the firepower of the remaining group would very nearly justify the ticket anyway. Incredible musicianship everywhere.

I was a little worried for the man himself when the opening song sounded muddy, but they straightened out the sound mix and the rest of the night was crystal clear. I was in the very last row up top, but looking straight down at the pit in front of the stage.

I’ll let the truly devoted fans weigh in on how much of any Bruce has slowed down, but to me I don’t feel like I have anything to regret seeing him at 73 versus 43 (excepting of course the original band members who have passed on.) It was three hours of honest effort for my rock n roll dollar.

5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I was at the Atlanta show last night. Just fantastic. Greensboro in 6 weeks.

garrow, dixiehack and Neutral Corner like this.
  6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

I purposely listened for it. It was "sways" last night.

Also, moments before the sax solo, Jake stood center stage, tapped his chest and pointed to the sky, then completely hammered it. I had tears. It's been a long six years since seeing them.

I'm easy, but I loved the show. Kitty's Back and E Street Shuffle really swung. Last Man Standing was haunting. Because the Night was tight as hell.

dixiehack and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

8. Webster

daytonadan1983 likes this.
  9. Webster

The show I was supposed to see in Albany on Tuesday was postponed. Assuming Covid.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. Webster

I missed the MetLife 3rd show because I took the older one for freshman drop off and had serious FOMO based on the set list. I was going to go to Baltimore and Albany to make up for it, but I guess that’s off. Oddly specific with the diagnosis.

12. Webster

Bruce extending the medical hiatus until the end of the year. Per my friend who is a gastroenterologist, that is really not an encouraging sign.

Draft saved Draft deleted