1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newt Gingrich, The Ship Be Sinking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The Dem primary candidates that year were split on Bush's tax cuts (in retrospect this should have been the main issue) and his handling of the Iraq war.

No GOP candidate this year supports Obama on anything on the face of Allah's green earth. Period, end of story. Anybody who dares to breathe even a hint of the idea he might possibly have done something right since taking office is immediately hooted off the stage by the howler monkeys.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

And while I won't claim McGovern was the right guy . . . the incumbent sure as hell was the wrong one.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Is that enabler still busy doing W's laundry?

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Oh, Herman's not going away. The broad public's encouraged him. He'll be the guest that wouldn't leave, now.

5. Deeper_Background

Deeper_Background Active Member

Pelosi: I’ll reveal information on
    Gingrich 'when the time is right'
    The Hill, by Alicia M. Cohn

12/5/2011 5:38:10 PM

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) is holding back some information on Republican Newt Gingrich that could detract from his presidential campaign, according to a report published Monday. “One of these days we’ll have a conversation about Newt Gingrich,” Pelosi told Talking Points Memo. “When the time is right. … I know a lot about him. I served on the investigative committee that investigated him, four of us locked in a room in an undisclosed location for a year. A thousand pages of his stuff." Gingrich, who served as Speaker of the House, worked with Pelosi

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/197173-pelosi-plans-to-reveal-information-about-gingrich-when-the-time-is-right

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What purpose does it serve to say this now? Obama has a much better chance against Gingrich than Romney. Why jeopardize it? Wait until he's nominated. I don't understand strategically what advantage this serves. Perhaps she knows that people despise her so much on the right that this will push them even further in his corner?

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I almost wonder if the thing was a ploy, simply to get the cable nets to show that commercial with Pelosi and Gingrich touting the importance of global warming research and acting all chummy.

If so, a lot more slick than the lame "dueling press conferences" this morning aimed at keeping Gingrich's audience with Trump from live TV.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Cable TV show in 4...3...2....1....

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm sure Roger, Rupert and Rove have some bombshell scandal expose on Pelosi all ready to go too.

10. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I dunno. If he's getting one it's Fox, obviously, and Fox doesn't seem too enchanted with him. It was a Fox O&O station in Atlanta that broke the affair story.

11. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Ol' Newt better watch out because Romney just picked up an endorsement from....Dan Quayle.

For the record, I'd rather vote for Newt from Aliens than Newt Gingrich.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

It will be available in the fiction section of your nearest bookstore.

Draft saved Draft deleted