1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newt Gingrich, The Ship Be Sinking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

'Cause those who pass all of the Base's multiple tests are no-gos to, say, 73% of the population.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The lead of the seventh graf is sublime.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

Obama can't win on his record, so his best hope is that after two years of boring debates between the clowns running on the other side, 40 people will show up at the GOP convention and 20 will show up to support the candidate in November.

This election is shaping up like Russia's. The choice? Putin or the Communists, who actually gained seats against Putin's conglomerate.

4. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It's a little over the top, but the point is taken.

Is he correct in saying that the Tea Partiers and the GOP are now essentially the same folks?

Anybody chime in........

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember that it was on a Saturday too, which I thought was really unique. I found myself flipping between the politics and the college basketball.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Gosh, that must have been the most exciting event of the week in your time warp to 1963! Ack, Commies!

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Lost me at "Creepiest Huckster in American Politics"

If I want to read liberal hyperbole, I'll go with Matt Taibbi. At least then it's well-written...

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Yeah, it was a bit much. Mizzou, you're a Republican. Do you associate yourself with the Tea Party? Who's your dog in this hunt?

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

If you have enough litmus tests eventually nobody can pass them all. That's where the GOP is right now.

As many have stated, you put Reagan out there today and couldn't pass them all.

10. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

His first marriage -- to Jane Wyman -- was classic. She could act with the best, and got plenty of respect from her peers -- the acid test; he couldn't -- at least, not then. And he wanted her to retire and tend after his precious behind. So he split, and found somebody who would pick up after him.

Based on the difference in professional talent, it was even more ridiculous than Joe D. expecting Marilyn to drop everything and cook pasta for his buddies in Frisco.

11. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Quinnipiac has Newt leading Obama in Ohio.

Romney still fairs better against the President in battleground states than Newt though.

Draft saved Draft deleted