1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Newt Gingrich, The Ship Be Sinking

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Jun 9, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

3. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

except i generally vote republican. although i did vote for richards over that idiot clayton williams.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Getting back to Newt: He said on a radio show that the advisors who left, with one exception, were "outside consultants" and not part of the inner circle. And the reason they left is that they wanted him to start churning out attack ads and he wanted to focus on issues.

Not passing judgement. Just relaying what Newt said. Was on Neal Boortz.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The polling that Real Clear Politics has up is interesting - I think Pawlenty is polling somewhere between Ron Paul and Santorum at the rump end of the polling.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Perry would fill a void in the GOP lineup by one, being a Southerner, and two, being a social conservative. He would snap up virtually all the Huckabee votes.

But like Huck, I don't think Perry will play in Ohio or for that matter, most other of the 37 states not in the South.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There's a void of "social conservatives" in the GOP field?

8. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

There are pretty much nothing but social conservatives in the
    GOP field right now, bat...save Romney, who doesn't really have any principles besides getting elected.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

In before lock!

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I'd like substantive info on John Huntsman.

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

I call shenanigans on that story. Her mouth is closed. The only women willing to inhale Newt's pulchitrude are inflatable with mouths permanently open.

12. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

Is this before or after Boortz openly advocated for the murder of Atlanta citizens?

Draft saved Draft deleted