1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Championship Game Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A small amount in my house, too.
    Either wanted the Lions to win or the 49ers to cover. Neither is going to happen. Jerks.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

All this and I’m guessing the two teams with the best Super Bowl odds last summer made the Super Bowl.

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Jackson didn’t let his team down. Today, they let him down. Their defense turned feral. If Tomlin’s Steelers played that way, the calls for his head would be deafening.

This will be a great SB. Can’t wait for Taylor’s song about it.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I hit a nice little three-leg that included the Niners on the money line. Great second half.

exmediahack likes this.
  5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Detroit didn’t have this bad of a third quarter in 2008.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2024
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

See the Lions in 2057

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Not even a Lions fan and I am deeply disappointed. Hated the Niners since the early 80s. Wished the damn Bengals would have won those Super Bowls!

playthrough likes this.
  8. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

There’s no doubt in my mind that Detroit will play in the NFC championship game a few more times in next few years.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Who has had the worst last four days? Trump, Vince McMahon or the Lions?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I guarantee you the only regret Campbell will have tonight is "I shoulda gone for it at the end of the first half, too."
    I am sure the 40ers can get off to a better start than they have in the last two games in the Super Bowl. They'd better. Spot the Chiefs a 14-0 lead and things could get grim.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Detroit, pretend this never happened and you never believed and tell everybody you’re more of a hockey town and secretly punch an inflatable kiddie pool in your garage to let it all out. Not that I know anything about that

maumann likes this.
  12. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Say it ain’t Zay.

Draft saved Draft deleted