1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Championship Game Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 22, 2024.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Absolutely. At times I thought Lamar could've run and the run was there, but he wanted to throw and made mistakes in the pass game. To be the Chiefs and Mahomes you almost have to be mistake free and make plays. Last week Allen didn't make many mistakes at all, but had opportunities to win the game and he didn't do it. This week Lamar had opportunities to make plays, passed some up, and made mistakes. He had to be better.

2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Soft Florida kid. (j/k)

3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Two personal fouls and a too many men on the field penalty by the Baltimore defense in the fourth quarter helped keep Jackson on the sidelines. Sure, they didn’t let Kansas City score, but they kept Kansas City on the field a lot longer than they should have been.

4. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

Disagree. If they make a field goal with 5+ minutes left, SF can go down and score and there's no emergency because it's still a one-score game. By getting nothing there, the Lions got the worse possible outcome -- seeing the 49ers make it a two-score game with 3 minutes to go. Sometimes NFL coaches are just inexplicably bad decision-makers.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It was odd that Jackson looked like he was about to freeze to death on the sideline. Maybe Zay Flowers' brain froze?

6. outofplace

They also handed them much of the field goal drive at the end of the first half with dumb penalties, too.

7. outofplace

Agreed. I don't understand the passionate defense of Campell's decisions to go for it on those fourth downs, especially the second one. Tie the damn game and give your team a chance even if the 49ers go down and score after it.

8. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

He is one tough mofo

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Yeah it you don’t have confidence in your kicker to make an under 50 yard FG, then get a new damn kicker. It reeks of kickers aren’t real football players and we’re gonna leave it in the hands of the real players, who unfortunately came up less than the kicker was ever given the chance to do.

10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

If you take them one by one, they become easier to pick apart. Just make one of those and the Lions probably win. What did they go, 0-for-5? Of course, after the first few blew up, you'd think they might learn. His worst call, though, was the running play on third down at the end. Gotta get out of there with all three timeouts, whether you score a TD or kick. One score game with hope to get the ball back with some time.

I'll credit the guy for sticking to his guns, but not as much as others are. Every game is its own animal.

outofplace likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

It’s hard to overstate how big of a deal it was they didn’t down that punt inside the five. They needed one thing to go right. If that happens or they catch one of those drops, I think they right themselves. But that’s how those things go, I suppose.

CD Boogie likes this.
  12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I would have kicked the two FGs but those were close calls. Running on 3rd down and burning a TO was the only stupid play.

Draft saved Draft deleted