1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Championship Game Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef2, Jan 22, 2024.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes. That was the year the Steel Curtain was at its best. They started the season 1-4, then the defense just took over. The team won nine in a row, shutting out the opponent in five of them and holding them to six points or fewer in three more. The offense was a mess that year. Bradshaw only started eight games and he struggled most of the time when he did play. Franco Harris and Rocky Bleier both ran for over 1,000 yards. At the time, they were only the second pair of running backs on one team to do that.
    Then both of them got hurt and the team fell apart without them in the AFC Championship.

CD Boogie likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

SixToe likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Batman likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know. Looks like a fun crowd.Better than hanging with Roger Goodell in his box.

misterbc, HanSenSE and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I don't know how familiar you guys are with Mahomes Senior, but folks like the Kelces and Taylor don't really seem like his get-down.

He's more of a "Pall Mall hanging from the lip, out in front of his house working on a Coupe de Ville that hasn't run in eight years" kind of guy.

7. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Of course. He's a Texan.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Nah dude. I’d like to be able to walk like I’m not an extra in a Western.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

He is 53 and looks 73. Dude has LIVED. He got pretty seriously hurt in a DUI when he was playing w/the Twins. But he does seem refreshingly unstageDad-esque. When he was at the Mets' Old-Timers Day a couple years ago, you could tell he wanted to be there b/c on his merits as a swingman who had two solid years w/the Mets and not as a curiosity factor b/c his son's the best player in football. Alas, those genes seem to have skipped dipshit Jackson.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Well, you've got to be selective. :D

Spartan Squad likes this.
  11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That's just an insane run of defense. The total of 22 points allowed is the lowest in any eight-game span by any team since the start of the 1950 season. Next best: 49 points by the 1971 Vikings.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I often think of NFL referees based on their "lines" in the annual NFL Bad Lip Reading video. Bill Vinovich is Mr. "Can I Have This Sloth?"

I have worked with some leagues that viewed an unbalanced schedule as cause to not use head-to-head as a tiebreaker. I am at least willing to entertain a brief discussion that variations in schedule strength make that divisional rotation bullshit justifiable.

MileHigh likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted